Sunday, November 7, 2010

Notorious B.I.G. Mixtape Megapost!


Biggie is one of those MCs whose greatness is almost never debated. His swinging flow, commanding voice and infectious charisma created a universal appeal very rarely achieved in hip hop. Everyone has Ready to Die and Life After Death but Biggie recorded many verses that never appeared on either of these albums.
The mixtapes below contain most of these verses, in various forms. Some are in their original incarnation while others have had their acapella's blended on top of familiar instrumentals. A few others are remix albums that feature some original production. In any case it's a chance to hear some "new" Biggie, which is always good.

Biggie Smalls' Demo Tape
Pretty self-explanatory. These were recorded in '92-'93 and were used to promote the up-and-coming Christopher Wallace. Blazing Chronic is a pretty rare gem that unfortunately gets cut off here. The extra Can I Get With Ya verse is also fun to have.

1. Unsigned Hype Demo Tape
2. Another Rough One (Demo)
3. Biggie With the Hype Shit (’92 Demo)
4. Do What You Wanna Do (’93 Demo)
5. Macs & Dons
6. Blazing Chronic (Gets Cut Off) <--------Click here to listen on youtube
7. Can I Get With Ya (Version with Extra Verse)




Ready To Die (The O.G. Edition)
This was put together a couple years ago. It contains the original drafts/mixes/vocal takes of the songs that ended up on Biggie's debut, plus a few other unreleased tracks. Some of them have different production (like Pete Rock's mix for Juicy that was never used) and others have more subtle differences (like Gimme The Loot's vocal take without the "pregnant" line blurred out). For a track-by-track analysis of the major differences see here

01 Intro(Original Uncleared Sample Version)
02 Things Done Changed(Original Version)
03 Gimme The Loot(Uncensored Never Before Heard Version)
04 Machine Fun Funk(Dj Premier Version)
05 Warning(Original Version)
06 Ready To Die(Original Beat Version)
07 One More Chance(Original Uncleared Sample Version)
08 Fuck Me(Interlude)
09 The What(Original Unheard Lyrics Version)
10 Juicy(Pete Rock Version)<-------------Click here to listen on Youtube
11 Everyday Struggle(Demo Version)
12 Me And My Bitch(Original Beat Version)
13 Respect(Original Extended Version)
14 Friend Of Mine(Original Demo Version)
15 Whatchu Want(Unreleased Original Version)
16 Suicidal Thoughts(Pete Rock Version)
17 Come On(Unreleased Original Version)
18 Who Shot Ya(Original Demo Version)
19 Mac’s N Dons(Unreleased)
20 Pepsi Freestyle(Original Unreleased Version)
21 Biggie Got That Hype Shit(Unreleased Demo)

Solos: Before Puff Made It Gay

Hilarious title aside, this is one of the better collections of unreleased Biggie songs. Most of these are freestyles used to promote Ready To Die, a few others were for commercials (the pepsi one is pretty funny) and a couple are remixes/blends from other mixtapes. The mixtape also contains a couple songs like Notorious Thugs and Realms of Junior MAFIA that have the non-Biggie verses cut out. Definitely worth getting, if only for the freestyles.
  1. Basement Freestyle
  2. Bed Stuy Freestyle
  3. Big Poppa (Lost Verse)
  4. Biggie
  5. Blazin (exclusive)
  6. Can I Get Witcha Dre Mix
  7. Dj Enuff Freestyle
  8. Dolly My Baby
  9. Everyday Struggle Remix (exclusive)
  10. Freestyle From 1993
  11. Fucking You Tonight Remix
  12. House of Pain
  13. In God We Trust
  14. Keep Your Hands High
  15. Mac and Dons
  16. Money, Hoes, Clothes
  17. Mr Cee Intro
  18. Nasty Boy Old Skool Mix
  19. Nine Dogs
  20. Notorious is Glorious
  21. Notorious Thugs
  22. Off the Dome
  23. Oh My Lord
  24. Party and Bullshit Lean Back Remix
  25. Pepsi Commercial (bonus) <------Click here to listen on Youtube
  26. Player's Anthem Remix
  27. Round and Round
  28. St. Ides Commercial (bonus)
  29. Suicidal Thoughts 2005
  30. What's The 411?
  31. You'll See
  32. 50 Grand Demo
  33. Realms of Junior MAFIA

Starring The Black Frank White

Basically the same thing as above. Just a bootleg tape with some unreleased or non-album songs and freestyles. The freestyle at Mister Cee's is has to be heard to be believed, "If I were pussy, I'd be filled with syphallis/chlamydia, gettin rid 'a ya," "niggaz press they luck n'/they get a buttfuckin'/straight up the ass, raw dog with the rash" Ah, the days before "no-homo."
  1. All Men Are Dogs (Remix)
  2. Buddy X (Remix)
  3. A Buncha Niggas (Original)
  4. Da B-Side
  5. For My Niggaz (Remix)
  6. Freestyle Live at Mister Cee's<----click here to listen on Youtube
  7. Get Money (Original and Remix)
  8. I'm Jus Playin'
  9. Jam Session
  10. Let's Get It On
  11. Live At the Palladium
  12. The Madison Square Garden Freestyle
  13. Player's Anthem (Original and
  14. Real Love (Remix)

Rap Phenomenon Vol. 1
A mixtape of slick blends by DJ Vlad and Dirty Harry along with a gang of unreleased tracks and freestyles.
1. Dirty Harry - Notorious B.I.G. Tribute Mix
2. Notorious B.I.G. - What Up Gangsta [Dirty Harry Blend]
3. Notorious B.I.G. - Let's Get It On [Dirty Harry Blend]
4. Notorious B.I.G. - If I Should I Die [Dirty Harry Blend]
5. Notorious B.I.G. - Live At The Garden [DJ Vlad Blend]
6. Notorious B.I.G. - Party & Bullshit [Dirty Harry Blend]
7. Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize [Dirty Harry Blend]
8. Notorious B.I.G. - Cars & Sex [DJ Vlad Blend]
9. Notorious B.I.G. F*cking You Tonight [DJ Vlad Blend]
10. Notorious B.I.G. - Can I Get Withca [DJ Vlad Let's Get High Blend]
11. Notorious B.I.G. - Can I Get Withca [DJ Vlad Next Episode Blend]
12. Notorious B.I.G. - Can I Get Withca [DJ Vlad Bang Bang Blend]
13. Notorious B.I.G. - Nasty Boy Notorious B.I.G. [DJ Vlad Rapper's Delight Blend]<--click here to listen on youtube
14. Notorious B.I.G. - Nasty Boy Notorious B.I.G. [DJ Vlad Message Blend]
15. Notorious B.I.G. - Nasty Boy Notorious B.I.G. [DJ Vlad Children's Story Blend]
UNRELEASED SONGS
16. Tupac & Notorious B.I.G. - House Of Pain
17. Notorious B.I.G feat. Tupac & Big L - Deadly Combination
18. Notorious B.I.G. - You'll See
19. Notorious B.I.G. Dreams
20. Notorious B.I.G feat. Red Hot Lover Tone - To My Ni**as
21. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Heavy D - Jam Session
22. Notorious B.I.G. - Who Shot Ya?
23. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Pudgee & Lord Tariq. - Think Big
24. Notorious B.I.G. feat Mel O. Groupies
25. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Luke - Bust a Nut
26. Notorious B.I.G. feat Ed Lover & Dr. Dre - Who's The Man
27. Notorious B.I.G. feat Heavy D. - A Buncha Niggas
28. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Tupac - Be The Realist
29. Notorious B.I.G. - Real Niggaz
30. Notorious B.I.G. feat Jermaine Durpi & Da Brat - Da B Side
31. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Grandaddy IU & Grand Puba - Cars & Sex
32. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Nenah Cherry - Buddy X
33. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Michael Jackson - You Really Got A Hold On Me
34. Flavor Flav Interview
35. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Tracey Lee - Keep Your Hands High
36. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Tupac - Runnin'
37. TQ West Coast Interview
38. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Shaq - Can't Stop The Reign
39. Notorious B.I.G. - Be Happy
40. Fat Joe Interview
41. Notorious B.I.G. feat. Aaron Hall - Why Ya Tryin To Play Me
42. Notorious B.I.G. feat. 50 Cent - My Nigga
FREESTYLES
43. Notorious B.I.G. - Rap City Freestyle
44. Notorious B.I.G. - DJ Enuff Freestyle
45. Notorious B.I.G. - Mr. Cee Freestyle
46. Notorious B.I.G. - Wake Up Show Freestyle
47. Lox & Notorious B.I.G. - Funkmaster Flex Freestyle
48. Outro
49. Notorious B.I.G. - 16 Bars Freestyle
50. Notorious B.I.G.'s Last Interview

J. Period & G. Brown Present: March 9 Vol. 1+2
This is by far the best mixtape of Biggie blends I have ever heard. From the choice of the beats to the track sequencing, this mixtape is aces. Classic verses over classic instrumentals.
Some highlights for me include:
Hypnotize over Rakim's Paid In Full
Machine Gun Funk over Alkaholiks' Make Room
Gimme The Loot over Gang Starr's Just To Get A Rep
Last Day ft. NaS over Raekwon's Criminology

  1. Suicidal Thoughts (March 9 Remix)
  2. Ready To Die
  3. Niggaz Bleed (March 9 Remix)
  4. Dead Wrong (March 9 Remix)
  5. Dead Wrong feat. Eminem
  6. Change The Game (Interlude)
  7. Kick In The Door (March 9 Remix)
  8. Where Brooklyn At? (Interlude)
  9. Real Niggaz Do Real Things Pt. 1 (March 9 Remix)
  10. Real NIggaz Do Real Things Pt. 2 (March 9 Remix)
  11. Real Niggaz Do Real Things Pt. 3 (March 9 Remix)
  12. Whats Beef feat. Mos Def (March 9 Remix)
  13. Things Done Changed Pt. 1 (March 9 Remix)
  14. Things Done Changed Pt. 2 (March 9 Remix)
  15. 10 Crack Commandments (March 9 Remix)
  16. Deadly Combination Feat. 2Pac & Big L (March 9 Remix)
  17. 7 Mack 11 Freestyle (March 9 Remix)
  18. Dangerous MC's Feat. Busta Rhymes & Snoop Dogg (March 9 Remix)
  19. Last Day (March 9 Remix)
  20. Last Day Feat. Nas (March 9 Remix)
  21. Nas Speaks On Pac & BIG (Interlude)
  22. The What (March 9)
  23. The Wickedest (Interlude)
  24. Young G's Perspective (March 9 Remix)
  25. My Downfall (March 9 Remix)
  26. Long Kiss Pt. 1 (March 9 Remix)
  27. Long Kiss Pt. 2 (March 9 Remix)
  28. Gimme The Loot Pt. 1 (March 9 Remix)
  29. Gimme The Loot Pt. 2 (March 9 Remix)
  30. Machine Gun Funk (March 9 Remix)<----Click here to listen on Youtube
  31. N*ggaz (March 9 Remix)
  32. Spit Yo Game Feat. Twista (March 9 Remix)
  33. Somebody's Got To Die Feat. Jay-Z (March 9 Remix)
  34. Somebody's Got To Die
  35. You're Nobody Until Sombody Kills You(Outtro)
  36. Bonus Track: Respect (March 9 Remix)
  37. In The Limelight (March 9 Remix)
  38. Story to Tell (March 9 Remix)
  39. One More Chance (All Night Long) (March 9 Remix)
  40. One More Chance (Outstanding)
  41. One More Chance (Before I Let Go) (March 9 Remix)
  42. Can't You See? (March 9 Remix)
  43. Friend of Mine (Smooth) (March 9 Remix)
  44. Friend of Mine (Rough) (March 9 Remix)
  45. Big Poppa Thing (March 9 Remix)
  46. One More Chance (Ain't No Fun) (March 9 Remix)
  47. Goin Back to Cali (3 Strikes Remix)
  48. You'll See (March 9 Remix)
  49. Whutcha Want? (March 9 Remix)
  50. Flava In Ya Ear (March 9 Remix)
  51. Hail Mary, Full of Grace (March 9 Remix)
  52. Living the Life (March 9 Remix) Feat. Snoop Dogg
  53. Big Poppa (March 9 Remix)
  54. Dreams (March 9 Remix)
  55. Crush On You (March 9 Remix)
  56. Think About It (Interlude)
  57. Hypnotize (March 9 Remix)
  58. Bust A Nut (March 9 Remix)
  59. Get Off (Interlude)
  60. Nasty Boy (March 9 Remix)
  61. Another/Rock With You (March 9 Remix)
  62. I'm Dreamin (Interlude)
  63. Another/Never Too Much (March 9 Remix)
  64. Ah One Two (Interlude)
  65. Live At The BBQ 2007
  66. Party, Bullshit & Jump (March 9 Remix)
  67. Ready Of Not (B.I.G. Remix) Feat. Lauryn Hill
  68. Everyday Struggle (Alternate Take) (March 9 Remix)
  69. Police Report (Interlude)
  70. Suicidal Thoughts (6 Feet Deep Remix)
  71. A Day With B.I.G. (March 9 Outtro)
  72. Hidden Bonus: Can't You See The Soldiers (Produced By J.Period)

Bed Stuy Meets Blue Eyes

This mash-up album features original production using vocal and instrumental samples from Frank Sinatra songs. Most of these songs are pretty well-executed. Dead Wrong sounds even darker over these eerie horn pulses, crawling piano and church bells and Juicy sounds more celebratory than ever over these climbing horn lines. Definitely worth checking out.

  1. Juicy - New York, New York<-----------Click here to listen on Youtube
  2. Everyday Struggle - A Day In The Life of a Fool
  3. Nasty Boy - For Every Man There's A Woman
  4. Come On - My Way of Life
  5. Interlude - The World We Know (Over & Over)
  6. Dead Wrong - In My Room (Nancy Sinatra)
  7. Let's Get In On (feat. 2Pac) - Rain In My Heart
  8. Hypnotize - Little Green Apples
  9. Interlude
  10. 10 Crack Commandments - Fools Rush In
  11. Runnin/Victory 2004 - A Long Night
  12. Unfoolish (feat. Ashanti) - Out Beyond The Window

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I knew about the Ready to Die OG, but the demo tape, that "Before Puff Made It Gay" and the Dirty Harry / Vlad tape were new to me. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuckin white boys think they know everything eat a dick bitch

    ReplyDelete